Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wallet arghness

This morning, when I got up, I couldn't find my wallet. I had it yesterday when I got on the bus (I pulled it out to pay my fare), and I went straight home from the bus, so I figured I might have left it on the bus. I called the lost & found office, and they said nothing with my name on it had been turned in to them.

When I got home I had a message on my answering machine from a guy named "Sidney":

"Hi, Daniel, my name is Sidney, and I, uh, found your wallet here, and just want to know ... is there a reward for it, or, uh ... you can reach me at (206)*BEEP*"

So, yay, I get to change my bank card number while hoping that the question above was intended more innocently than it sounded. And the new card won't arrive until after I leave town for a week, so this should be an interesting vacation (luckily I'm staying with family the whole time so money shouldn't be too much of a problem outside the airports). Meanwhile, I can see if I need to replace all the less important cards that I didn't get back, or if I can retrieve them from the guy who has the wallet. Obviously that last bit will require him calling me back and giving his entire phone number.

The one bright spot is that I just got an official Washington driver's license on Saturday, so my "real" license will hopefully arrive in the mail in the near future...that would be the most painful thing to be missing.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes you think the wallet was lost and not stolen?

 

<< Home