Saturday, March 25, 2006

No More Retail Electronics Stores

So, to wrap up the hardware saga I posted in the last few weeks, my memory chips finally arrived yesterday (after being delayed in Oregon for three days by "inclement weather"). I swapped them for the bad ones in about ten minutes, turned the computer on, and it worked. After I played a couple missions in Homeworld 2, I rebooted and let the memory test run all night, just to be totally sure. No problems :-).

Sadly, we seem to have lost the receipt from when we returned the first bad batch of RAM, so Fry's may get to keep Kate's money. Regardless, they've certainly managed to lose one or two customers, at least when it comes to computer hardware.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had good success retuning things to Fry's without a receipt--as long as they still stock the item. Having had similar experiences to yours with their no-name memory, I now only buy brand name memory from Fry's.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger dburrows said...

Yeah, I've heard that about Fry's generic memory chips. The funny thing is, it actually was name-brand memory (Kingston) that I had. Go figure.

 

<< Home