Thursday, October 06, 2005

A cry from the bitbucket

Well, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I cannot send mail to many important @debian.org addresses. I know my mail is working because I can email myself (including @debian.org), and mail I've sent to anywhere except @debian.org works. However, since a few days ago, all my mails to bugs.debian.org, whether bug submissions or additional information on bug reports, just vanish (other people's mails are going through, so the system isn't broken); repeated (GPG-signed) requests to changes@db.debian.org to update my SSH keys have gone unanswered and un-acted-upon; and several mails to the lists have vanished into the ether. I've emailed a few role addresses about the issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if those emails get dropped on the floor as well.

Since it appears this is about the only way I can contact Debian people, could someone with admin access to our mail system please tell me why I'm shut out? This started when I changed how I send mail, so it's possible I misconfigured something (although I'm just forwarding through my smarthost using ESMTP), but I need to know what it is in order to fix it!

6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your "Smarthost" is getting blacklisted. I have problems when my ISP gets lazy and gets itself on SPAMCOP or some such list -- unfortunately while they're somewhat responsive to the problem there seems to be no attempt to fix the root cause -- letting people relay tons of spam off their domain.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spamcop and the like don't blacklist you for spamming, they blacklist you because someone says you are spamming.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger dburrows said...

If the problem is my smarthost, then I'm supremely unlucky, because I was sending through the same smarthost using KMail until I switched mail systems. In fact, one of my last pre-switch messages was to a Debian list and it went through fine.


I think it's more likely to be that Debian's filters don't like something about esmtp.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, nike tn, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, north face uk, ray ban pas cher, nike free uk, lululemon canada, michael kors, true religion jeans, coach outlet, coach outlet store online, hollister uk, sac longchamp pas cher, vans pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, louboutin pas cher, nike air max uk, michael kors pas cher, nike free run, nike air max uk, new balance, sac hermes, jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, replica handbags, nike roshe, longchamp pas cher, guess pas cher, true religion outlet, north face, polo ralph lauren, coach purses, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher, timberland pas cher, air max, polo lacoste, nike air force, nike roshe run uk, burberry pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, sac vanessa bruno, mulberry uk, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, kate spade

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

jordan 13
air jordan
Nike Air Foamposite 1
lebron 12
nike air max 90
nike air max thea
nike free 3.0
nike free trainer 5.0
christian louboutin men
Red Bottom Shoes
mbt usa
mbt outlet
fitflop sandals
fitflops sale
Nike Kobe 9
Kobe Shoes
red sole shoes
louboutin outlet
jordans 2016
Air Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
jordans 2015
new jordan shoes
coach sale
coach outlet store online
kate spade surprise sale
kate spade outlet
Michael Kors Cheap
michael kors purses
Michael Kors Discount

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger menna said...

شركات تعقيم المنازل من كورونا الشارقة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home