Saturday, December 09, 2006

Apologies to Samsung

I need to learn not to write blog posts after 9pm, given that my brain starts fogging up around 8:30pm.

Apparently the only reason I couldn't play DVDs is that I had forgotten to install the DVD decoder library. Doh. And apparently the reason the DVD wouldn't play yesterday is that the video program was trying to get the drive to decode the DVD for it -- which I can understand Samsung not wanting to do, since it would get them in legal hot water. (what ticked me off was that it looked like they were going beyond the minimum and keeping me from even reading the encrypted DVD data)

So, the problem is that Daniel is a doofus. I want to apologize again for being a little trigger-happy last night -- especially since this is syndicated, it sucks to have put incorrect information out there.